Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Saucony Kinvara 5.0: ViZiGLO Technology Edition Review




What They Say:

The award winning Kinvara 5, now with ViZiGLO technology for 360 degrees of visibility in low-light conditions. 

OVERVIEW

    Provides 360-degrees of reflectivity to help you stand out in low light conditions
    Pro-Lock lacing system added for a locking-in midfoot fit
    FLEXFILM locks in the fit without adding weight
    Re-designed collar construction creates a plush feel around foot/ankle
    iBR+ midfoot outsole pods for smoother transition

SPECS

    Shoe Category: Neutral, Natural Running
    Pronation: Normal
    Cushion: Responsive
    Construction Type: Natural Motion
    Surface: Road, Track
    Arch: High, Normal (Mid)
    Water Resistant: No
    Waterproof: No
    Offset: 4mm
        Heel Stack Height: 22mm
        Forefoot Stack Height: 18mm


What I Say:

I have previously reviewed the Kinvara 5 singing it's praises without reservation. But I was fortunate to access the newest incarnation of the Kinvara 5.0, the ViZiGLO Orange style. The shoe remains my "go to" shoe for all my longer races, just incredible form, fit and comfort. But with this bright design I feel safer on my evening runs and, well, just all that more awesome running along in these shoes.

Since my early experiences with the Kinvara 2.0 I have been a complete fan, wearing each successive generation with equal pleasre. The version 5.0 does not disappoint combining a light, airy shoe with a flexible but not squishy nicely firm ride. While I run in various shoes from other vendors with similar positive feelings, I seem to always return to the Kinvara when race day approaches. This Sunday I will be donning these beauties when I run in the City Of Oaks Marathon in Raleigh. Always the fashionista I will also be wearing Saucony shorts and top.

The Saucony Kinvara 5.0: Highly Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment