Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Saucony Kinvara 7 Review



Broken record time…

Every time I review a new pair of Saucony’s Kinvara series I feel obligated to begin my review with the same introduction. I have enjoyed every release of this shoe since my first experience with version 2. It is my “go to” shoe for every race day effort and I just love the feel of this shoe. The Kinvara series has been a consistently great shoe for this runner. And now to the newest release in the series, the Kinvara 7.

However, my initial impressions of the Kinvara 7 were somewhat mixed. On my first outing, a routine 6 mile run, I felt the she was more cushioned than its predecessor, so much so that I returned to my series 6 shoes for the next group of runs including my most recent marathon effort, the Raleigh Rock and Roll Marathon.

After the marathon I dedicated more time in the Kinvara 7 and over the next runs my impression evolved to a return to loving this new release. I guess the overly cushioned feel from my first runs was more a result of tripping out into a new shoe than any significant design change by Saucony. The new Kinvara 7 lives up to my love of it’s former selves and adds a bit of enhanced features I have learned to appreciate.

Yesterday I headed out a 19 mile run on a beautiful Saturday morning. This run was a final long run in prep for my next 50 miler June 11th. My hope was I would work through this run without any concerns with the Kinvara 7. And my hopes were fulfilled. Throughout the run the shoe provided a comfortable breathable fit. The Kinvara provided a nice soft, but never squishy platform for each step but I did not sense any motion control features. I did not adjust the laces at any time during the run there were no hotspots.

What can I say? I had no doubt I would love the new Kinvara 7. Even with the initial trepidation I had confidence the shoe would come through. The Kinvara series is the one shoe I could imagine pulling from the box on a race day morning with confidence. It never disappoints. It will be on my feet for to coming 50 miler, replaced only by the series 6 to rotate shoes in the North Carolina heat and humidity.

The Saucony Kinvara 7 is definitely highly recommended (as always)!

No comments:

Post a Comment