Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saucony Nomad Pant and the Tech Training Pant Review


What They Say:

 

 OVERVIEW

    Wind and water resistant FlexShell on front legs and at the back of the calf to keep messy, nasty weather at bay
    Thermal, stretch fabric across back legs keep you dry and moves with you
    Soft, ultra breathable fleece lining wicks away sweat and feels great
    Zippered front hand pockets and center back zip storage pocket
    Lower leg zippers gets you off and running with ease
    Reflectivity on front, back and hips to keep you visible in low light
    Straight leg fit with 31.5" inseam, and gusseted crotch for chafe free comfort
    Elastic waist with front internal drawstring, with plush logo gripper elastic at back waist for comfort

FABRIC CONTENT

    FlexShell
    100% Polyester & waterproof membrane
    Drylete
    92% Polyester, 8% Spandex




OVERVIEW

    Wind and water-resistant outer fabric has great stretch to move with you
    Zippered side seam hand pockets safely store all your gear
    Straight leg fit
    Zippers at ankles help you get on your way quickly, with reflective trim for extra visibility
    Elastic waistband with internal drawstring

SPECS

    Designed For: Running
    Layer: Base
    Fit: Loose
    Inseam: 31.5”
    Number of Pockets: 2
    Waterproof: No
    Water Resistant: Yes
    Windproof: No
    Care Instructions: Machine wash, hang to dry
    Fabric Breakdown: Brushed Stretch Woven (92% Polyester, 8% Spandex) & Tricot Mesh (100% Polyester

What I Say:
Waiting until February to post a review on winter related apparel may not make the most effective marketing strategy and for that I offer my apologies to my friends at Saucony who in the fall provided me with a pair of Nomad Pant and the Tech Training Pant. But I am hopeful folks are still considering winter related purchases and, if not, will read this review next fall when they are considering their options.

Okay, there are often few additions to a runner’s gear that impacts the joy of running more than a really decent pair of shoes, the Saucony Kinvara being my favorite. But accessing the Nomad Pant and the Tech Training Pant have resulted in a similar feeling of joy. These two pants have done so much to not only enhance my joy of each run by adding warmth and comfort but have more generally provided the motivation to increase my winter time runs by allowing me to run in lower temps than I have in prior seasons. 

I truly love both of these options. Honestly, the similarities are so great that I am unable to distinguish the two from one another and therefore rate both as wonderful solutions for winter runs. They both provide wind break protection and are lined for warmth. And neither produces a buildup of sweat even when temps climb during a run. The elastic in the waist band is snug allowing me to ignore the drawstring ties. Each has a small pocket for storage of a key or gel or two. The Nomad includes a small pocket in the back which I like to store my house key. 

Pants are pants? My experience with the Saucony Nomad Pant and the Tech Training Pant has proven this to be untrue. I have permanently stored my sweats and other running pants. The Nomad Pant and the Tech Training Pant are just a wonderful solution. One that makes this runner enjoy each run more with warmth and comfort and also enjoys challenging myself in colder temps. Highly recommend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see these stylish designer pants. My brother is a fitness freak and often shops workout gear for his gym exercises and cycling. Will surely refer him these superb pants. Hope he likes it and order one for himself.

    ReplyDelete